Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Week Six: Painting and Transforming.

  I’m back from a fun Vacation. I’m glad to be back in the studio though.

Twist #10  Starting to be sanded.
  This week I continued working on the hanging pieces and Twist #10. Painting, Gluing and Sanding. I finish with the fluorescent hanging pieces and I have them all hung up in the studio now. I was able to glue six more layers for Twist #10 and started sanding the glued layers. Dennis had made another hanging piece that’s a little different than the others, this set was more elongated than the original pair. I was able to start painting that set. The little wooden wedges that I made on the router are not going to be used. Instead, Dennis made clear polymer wedges at Nextfab that work and look a lot better than the wooden ones.

   The hanging pieces have now gone through a few transformations. The shapes have changed, the colors have been different, the wedges and the slots for them have decreased and enlarged. The ring around them is now going to be a cable instead. This is a project that I have been helping Dennis with since the first day I started. The transformation of the project has been interesting for me. It showed me that just because you built it doesn’t mean that’s the way it has to look. Make another one and another one and another one until your happy with it. 

A few different hanging pieces. 

  I have one more week left of the internship. I’m not sure what I’ll do with the rest of my summer when I’m done.




No comments:

Post a Comment